|Charles L. Drury, Jr. (CEO)|
|Revenue||$540 million (2016)|
Number of employees
Drury Hotels Company, LLC is an American hospitality company that operates a chain of mid-scale limited service hotels under the brands Drury Inn and Suites (its flagship brand), Drury Inn, Drury Suites, Drury Plaza Hotel, and Pear Tree Inn. As of 2022, the chain operates more than 150 locations in 26 states. It is wholly owned by the Drury family and is headquartered in metropolitan St. Louis, Missouri.
The company was founded by the sons of Lambert Drury, a farmer who lost his farm during the Great Depression, and then founded a plastering company. The Drury Development Corporation was founded in 1959. The Drury family built its first hotel, a Holiday Inn, in 1962 in Cape Girardeau, Missouri. The family started Drury Hotels in 1973 and built its first Drury Inn in Sikeston, Missouri. The Drury Hotels company operates non-Drury hotels as well. In the 1990s, the chain introduced a third brand, Thrifty Inn.
Co-founder Charles Drury died on September 7, 2020, in St. Louis; his death was acknowledged by Governor of Missouri Mike Parson. Two other co-founders, James and Robert, died in 2008 and 2013, respectively.
Renovation of historic buildings
The chain has purchased several historic buildings for renovation as hotels. Historic buildings that the chain has renovated into hotels include the Union Market in St. Louis (originally built in 1925), the former Cleveland Board of Education building in Cleveland (originally built in 1931) the former City Public Service Building (originally built in 1921) and the former Alamo National Bank building (originally built in 1929) in San Antonio; a hotel in Wichita, Kansas originally built in 1922 a former Sisters of Charity dormitory and hospital in Santa Fe, originally built in 1910 and the early 1950s; and three St. Louis properties originally built in the late 19th and early 20th centuries. The former Federal Reserve building in Pittsburgh was renovated into a 207-room hotel and opened in late 2016. At the Pittsburgh hotel, a former firing range was converted into an indoor pool, and former bank vaults were turned into meeting spaces. It also plans to renovate the former First Financial Centre building in Milwaukee and the former Indianapolis Business Journal building in Indianapolis, which dates to 1924.
- Staff (24 July 2013). "Drury Hotels wins J.D. Power award". St. Louis Post-Dispatch. Retrieved 31 July 2014.
- Company Overview of Drury Hotels Company, LLC Bloomberg
- 39 Drury Hotels Co. LLC
- "About Drury - Drury Hotels". druryhotels.com.
- "Bob Drury, part owner of Drury Hotels, CEO of Drury Southwest, dies". Retrieved 2013-12-07.
- Tom Neumeyer; Frank Nickell; Joel P. Rhodes (2004). Historic Cape Giardeau: An Illustrated History. San Antonio, Texas: The Cape Girardeau Chamber of Commerce. pp. 116–118. 1-893619-39-7.
- Jakle, John A.; Sculle, Keith A.; Rogers, Jefferson S. (1996). The Motel in America. Johns Hopkins University Press. p. 217. ISBN 0-8018-5383-4.
- "Co-founder of national Drury Hotels chain dies in Missouri". Associated Press. Retrieved 15 September 2020.
- "James Drury obituary". Retrieved 2013-12-07.
- "Robert Drury obituary". Retrieved 2013-12-07.
- "North American Hotel Guests Want Breakfast Back, J.D. Power Finds". J.D. Power. 14 July 2021. Archived from the original on 2021-07-14. Retrieved 14 July 2021.
- Bryant, Tim. "Drury increasingly goes downtown with creative restorations of landmark buildings".
- "Developers Are Turning Rust Belt Hulks Into Luxury Hotels". 22 April 2016 – via www.bloomberg.com.
- History of Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Convention Center
- "Drury Plaza Hotel opens in former Cleveland Board of Education building after stunning renovation (photos)".
- "Historic Renovations - San Antonio Riverwalk - Drury Hotels". druryhotels.com.
- "Historic Renovations - San Antonio Plaza Riverwalk - Drury Hotels". druryhotels.com.
- Drury Plaza hotel Broadview, Retrieved 27 September 2016.
- "Old Buildings Get New Life in Santa Fe".
- Drury Hotels plans to open new hotel in downtown Pittsburgh in mid-2016
- "Pennsylvania: Meetings & Conventions". meetings-conventions.com.
- Drury schedules opening date for new downtown hotel
- Downtown Milwaukee building sold to Missouri investor for planned conversion into hotel
- Indianapolis Business Journal building to become Drury hotel